GPS Co-Ordinates: 22˚59’ 0” S 29° 33’ 0” E
- Take the M1 North out of JHB
- Get onto the N1 North to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
- At Polokwane follow signs N1 to Makhado (Louis Trichardt)
- Take the N1 to Makhado (Louis Trichardt)
- At Makhado (Louis Trichardt), the first main 4-way stop that you come to is Rissik Street / R522 to Vivo.
NOTE: If you put your speedometer to 0 at this first four way stop it is 36.1km to our turn off.
- Turn left into Rissik Street.
- The BP garage that you will come to on the left is the last fill up spot
- Take Rissik Street all the way out of Makhado (Louis Trichardt) and +- 31km outside of town you will cross over a railway line
- Carry on over the railway line for +- 4.7km and you will cross over the SAND RIVER Bridge
- After the bridge +- 300m down the road you will see our sign on the right hand side.
- Turn right onto the gravel road.
NOTE: There are a number of gates along the road, which may or may not be closed. Please leave these you find them. Follow all signs to Leshiba.
- Carry on along the dirt road. After +- 3km's, you will come to a farmhouse on your left.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE – ARRANGED A TRANSFER AND HAVE CALLED TO INFORM THE LODGE OF YOUR TIME OF ARRIVAL, PLEASE PARK YOUR CAR IN THE PARKING BAYS PROVIDED. SOMEONE FROM LESHIBA WILL MEET YOU HERE.
- After the farmhouse, a few hundred metres up ahead, the road forks and you keep to the right. Continue following the signs that say Leshiba.
- Follow the road up the mountain to our gate. Please make sure that you have put the chain around the gate and not just the gate post and that you have secured the combination lock.
- Keep straight at the first sign that says RECEPTION
- At the next intersection, which is a large 4 way intersection, turn right to RECEPTION
- You will pass a sign that says HORSE & HOUND, carry on straight towards RECEPTION
- After +- 100m, turn RIGHT at the next sign / road to the right and carry on following RECEPTION signs
- You will drive through the valley and the road curves right.
- Keep right and cross the valley up to the VENDA VILLAGE where you will find our RECEPTION where you will be checked in.
NOTE: Please ignore the signs that say 'gate locked' and ensure that you close the gate properly.
Important tips when driving up the mountain:
- Keep the car in first gear the whole way up.
- Try not to use your clutch too much.
- Try to take the drainage bumps at an angle rather than driving straight over them.
- If you travel very slowly you should have no difficulties.
Please call Leshiba at 015 593 0076 or 082 315 9930 or 071 695 8603 when you reach Louis Trichardt/Makhado and if at any time you would rather we came and fetched you, please don't hesitate to let us know. Please note that our cell / mobile phones, other than the number above, have no reception at Leshiba. GPS Co-Ordinates: 22˚59’ 0” S 29° 33’ 0” E Enjoy the drive!