Luvhondo is Leshiba’s group accommodation venue. It is situated close to the cliffs with endless views and is ideal for workshops & playshops; family gatherings and celebrations. It is an ideal place to hold small conferences and retreats and for hiking, birding and dendrological groups to get together.
All the systems have been designed to be eco friendly and self–sustainable.
- Sleeps 16 people in twin beds or 28 people in bunk beds
- 3 large rondavels, divided into 2, each able to sleep 2 to 4 people
- 2 outside bathrooms with showers & toilets
- A 4th rondavel divided into two has en-suite facilities, shower & toilet & sleeps 2 in each room
- A large open plan thatched communal room with kitchen, lounge and surrounding verandah
- Outdoor boma
- Solar powered & grey water is filtered into a dam, which attracts game to the immediate area
- Wireless internet
- Fully-equipped kitchen and outdoor braai / barbecue area
AccommodationWhat time can I arrive and depart?
Check in: 14h00
Check out: 09h30What do the different rates include?
FULL BOARD RATES: include accommodation, early morning tea / coffee, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner, variety of herbal teas, coffee and fresh fruit, one game activity per day (either guided walk or game drive). Rates exclude all beverages, mountain transfer and gratuities.
Please Note: Lunch is not included in the rate (see daily schedule below)
There is no restaurant at Leshiba – we cater for each individual booking with a set menu – there is no à la carte menu. We do not have a BAR at Leshiba. We offer an honesty bar system.
Dietary Requirements – these must be communicated on confirmation of your booking.
SELF-CATERED RATES:- include accommodation ONLY. All game activities, mountain transfer, meals, etc. are EXCLUDED.
Please Note- Should more than 1 meal be requested (either brunch or dinner) – the full board rate will apply.What is the daily schedule?
07:00 – Tea / coffee and homemade biscuits and rusks
07:30 – Guided walk
10:00 – Brunch
15:30 – Tea and cake / scones
16:00 – Game drive
19:00 – DinnerIs there electricity/power available?
Is there cell/mobile phone reception and WiFi?
- There is no municipal electricity at Leshiba
- The Venda Village has a combination of solar power, paraffin lamps and gas appliances.
- Hamasha has a gas lighting system and gas appliances.
- Luvhondo (Indigenous Knowledge Centre) has solar power and gas appliances.
- No hairdryers etc. can be used on our systems.
- To charge up items, please communicate this to the Managers at the Lodge and we will make a plan to charge these on a generator system in the mornings only between 07h00 and 13h00
What to bring?
- There is free Wi-Fi at the Lodge and Luvhondo Camp.
- There is very limited mobile phone reception at Leshiba
- There is a telephone at Reception, which can be used for emergencies.
- If you are staying at Hamasha Bush Camp it is essential that you have your own transport as there is no communication between Hamasha and the main Lodge. There is no wifi or mobile reception at Hamasha.
We suggest that you bring the following:
What is the risk of contracting Malaria?
- A good flashlight / torch
- A good selection of clothing
- Good walking sandals or boots.
- Warm jacket and raincoat
- Sunhat, sunscreen
- All food and drinks if self-catering. The nearest shop is a one-hour drive away down the mountain. There is no restaurant at Leshiba.
- Extra towels for swimming
- Insect repellent
- Extra camera / video camera batteries as we are not always able to charge these
- Leshiba is Malaria FREE! However, if you will be travelling throughout the Limpopo, we recommend you speak to your local travel clinic.