Please note that the route to Leshiba is on a Toll Road. Toll Gate costs amount to approximately R250.
- Take the M1 North out of Johannesburg
- Get onto the N1 North to Polokwane
- Just before reaching Polokwane take the by-pass road to Louis Trichardt (Makhado) (sign also says Tzaneen) and continue past the Mall of the North Regional Shopping Centre on the N1 to Louis Trichardt (Makhado).
- At Louis Trichardt (Makhado) the first main 4-way stop that you come to turn left into Rissik Street. This becomes the R522 to Vivo.
NOTE: If you put your speedometer to 0 at this first four way stop it is 36.1km to the Leshiba turn off.
- The BP garage that you will come to on the left is one of the last two petrol/diesel fill up spots (note this is the only place where you can get super petrol). A few blocks further on the right hand side is Werda Motors
- Take Rissik Street all the way out of Louis Trichardt (Makhado) and +- 31km from the town you will cross over a railway line.
- Carry on over the railway line for +- 4.7km and you will cross over the SAND RIVER Bridge
- After the bridge +- 300m down the road you will see the Leshiba sign on the right hand side.
- Turn right onto the gravel road.
NOTE: There are a number of gates along the road, which may or may not be closed. Please leave these as you find them. Follow all signs to Leshiba.
- Carry on along the gravel road. After +-4 km’s, you will come to a farmhouse on your left.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE – ARRANGED A TRANSFER (AT AN EXTRA CHARGE PER VEHICLE USED EACH WAY) AND HAVE CALLED TO INFORM THE LODGE OF YOUR TIME OF ARRIVAL, PLEASE PARK YOUR CAR IN THE PARKING BAYS PROVIDED. SOMEONE FROM H12 LESHIBA WILL MEET YOU HERE.
- After the farmhouse, a few hundred metres up ahead, the road forks and you keep to the right. Continue following the signs that say Leshiba.
- When you come through the gate at the top of the mountain, stay on the main road
- NB. As the gate is locked- please call the Lodge for assistance and ensure that you close the gate properly. Please make sure that you have put the chain around the gate and not just the gate post and that you have secured the combination lock
- Keep straight at the first sign that says RECEPTION
- At the next intersection, which is a large 4 way intersection, turn right to RECEPTION
- You will pass a sign on the left that says HORSE & HOUND. Carry on straight towards RECEPTION
- After +- 80m, turn RIGHT at the next sign / road to the right and carry on following RECEPTION signs
- You will drive through the valley and the road curves right.
- Keep right and cross the valley up to the VENDA VILLAGE where you will find our RECEPTION
IMPORTANT TIPS WHEN DRIVING UP THE MOUNTAIN:
- If you are driving a 4 x 4 engage low range 3rd gear for an easy ride up
- Keep all other vehicles without low range in first gear the whole way up.
- Try not to use your clutch too much.
- Try to take the drainage bumps at an angle rather than driving straight over them.
Please call on any of the following numbers and make sure you reach somebody. Do not leave a message. +27 (0) 71 697 2596, +27 (0) 71 695 8603, +27 (0) 832669502 or +27 (0) 828811237 when you reach Louis Trichardt / Makhado and please don’t hesitate to let us know if at any time you would rather we came and fetched you. Please note that there is limited cell phone reception at Leshiba.
Travel times to Leshiba
|Johannesburg to Leshiba via the N1||5 hours|
Louis Trichardt (Makhado) to Leshiba reception via the R522
Louis Trichardt (Makhado) to the transfer / meeting point via the R522
Transfer point at the bottom of the mountain to Leshiba reception
Polokwane to Louis Trichardt or Vivo (Makhado): via the N1 or R521
Pont Drift Border Post (Mashatu/Tuli) to Leshiba reception
Punda Maria Gate (KNP) to Leshiba via Louis Trichardt
|Tzaneen to Leshiba via the R36||2.5 hours|
|Durban to Leshiba – various routes||12 hours|
Cape Town to Leshiba – follow directions from Johannesburg
Enjoy the drive